Sunday, July 22, 2012

camping trip

Camped at the lake this weekend. I only took a few pictures, this one was this morning. This hummingbird got trapped in our screened in porch thing (that's the technical term) and I snapped a couple of pictures. I sat my camera on the picnic table and then after a little maneuvering finally managed to gently grab the bird. As soon as I held him in my hand I heard what sounded like the softest plea for life I've ever heard before. I don't think Ive ever held something that felt so fragile. I walked out the door and opened my hand and he hovered a moment in front of me as if to thank me and flew away. I glanced back at the camper everyone one was sleeping, it was a beautiful morning and I had already had an amazing interaction with nature. The day started with a smile.

No comments: