Sunday, April 15, 2007

When Things Get In A Hurry

Last night I had to make a group portrait of the symphony after a concert. Sounds simple enough, but here's the fun part, I had 5 minutes. First, some background, I've done this photo before but at a different venue and it's always hectic because if they go over their allotted time, someone has to pay the overtime and that ain't good. And to make my cause worse, I dropped my 1500$ wideangle lens on Easter resulting in complete and total death of a well used partner. Well there's no way you're going to make this shot without something wide so I went by the photo store a purchased a 12-24 wide angle lens, the bad part is it's only a f4 but they didn't have in stock what I wanted so I settled for something I wasn't totally happy with. And after using it I don't think the build quality warrants the price but we will see (they do give you a 5 yr. warranty). My guess is it won't make it 3. Anyhow everyone came in quickly and I got off 6 quick frames from a ladder and they left in a hurry. There's a lot more I wanted to do with this one but time ran out so I went the safe route. If there's a next time I will go for the homerun.

No comments: