Monday, March 05, 2007

The 100 Year Old Man



It was my pleasure Saturday to photograph a 100 year old man named George Wright. What a fun and energetic guy. As I was shooting this I wondered about all the things he had seen during his lifetime. From cars in their early days to space travel. And the different conflicts the world has faced. His mind was sharp and he talked with great clarity about past events, I started to asked him if Orville and Wilbur were his brothers and if Kitty Hawk rang a bell. But I dared not since my since of humor is sometimes misunderstood. Many people who came to his birthday party commented that they had never met a 100 year old man before, count me in that group as well. One lady who told me she was 85 said "Look at him, he has a full head of hair and his face is as smooth as a baby's butt" It was all I could do not to laugh. What a treat it was to see his eyes light up as old friends and family came by to greet him and each and every one hugged him. I'm glad I had this experience and if I were a gifted writer there would be so much more to tell about this one.

No comments: