Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Traveling Wall

I've trying to go out of town for months....anywhere. Just needed a change of scenery. Savannah ended up being the destination and as we rode down near River street I noticed the Vietnam traveling wall display. It reminded me of the time I went to D.C. with a group of W.W.II guys and this one fellow who was a veteran of the Vietnam war, I'll call him T.J. At the wall I could see all the demons from the past come back to haunt him, I'm not sure what happened their, but it was something hes had to deal with for nearly the last forty years. I saw him touch a name on the wall with his finger and this man who seemed tough as nails, was overcome with emotion. On that three day trip to D.C. I learned a lot about him and his friends. To be honest I felt honored just to be around those great men. If you know someone who is serving or has served in the military, thank them. Our freedom is in their hands.

No comments: